Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Weekday wonder: Pasta with Chorizo and Vegetables




I had one of those days where I had forgotten to take something out of the freezer to have for dinner and had to assemble something from the ingredients in my fridge and pantry.




Not feeling particularly inspired, I thought I'd throw together a quick pasta and it turned out to be a beauty!

I always love it when something comes together and so simply. I hope this helps you on an uninspired, time poor weekday!


Bon appetit!






Pasta with Chorizo and Vegetables


Ingredients

  • Penne
  • 2 chorizo sausages, sliced (or buy the sliced chorizo from the lunch meats section at the supermarket)
  • 1 red capsicum
  • 1/2 punnet mini roma tomatoes
  • 100g marinated artichoke
  • 100g sliced kalamata olives
  • 1/4 cup of rocket, leaves torn
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • Chilli flakes
  • Salt / pepper to taste
  • Parmesan cheese to serve



A riot of colour!




Method

  • Put on the water for the pasta
  • Heat olive oil in a frypan and fry garlic, tomatoes and capsicum until the tomatoes are softened
  • Add pasta to water and boil according to pack instructions
  • Add chorizo, artichoke and olives and season. Sprinkle the chilli flakes to taste
  • Drain pasta and add to the pan, stir through to ensure pasta is coated
  • Stir through the rocket leaves and serve sprinkled with parmesan

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed you had all that in your pantry. If I had forgotten to take something out for dinner I'm lucky to have a glass of milk and toast

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I love how chorizo adds so much to a dish! :D

    ReplyDelete